The Yardley Community Centre is a non-profit corporation, owned by stockholders and maintained and operated by a 13 member board of directors. A few years ago, the board took on the enormous task of restoring this structure. An historic restoration architect was hired to give guidance.
- Installation of a handicapped ramp
- Restoration of the outside of the building.
- Handicapped bathrooms were installed.
- Hardwood floors and doors were replaced in the auditorium.
- The stage ceiling is now supported by a steel beam.
- Electrical facilities brought up to code.
- Carpet as donated for the Pine Room.
- Pine room was painted and draperies made by board members.
- A new sign was donated for the front of the building.
Most of the work has been made possible through grants, private contributions, rentals and concerts. A tax deductible contribution will help in the continuing restoration and preservation of this historic building...
You can help by;
- 1. By becoming a Member of the Centre
- 2. By becoming a stockholder
- 3. By making a monetary contribution
You can contact the Centre at (215) 493-0258 for more information.